4-H Yoga for Kids Certification Class
Date: March 1, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Contact: Anne Iaccopucci, email@example.com
Sponsor: 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: Crowne Plaza San Diego-Mission Valley
You can get certified to lead a 4-H Yoga for Kids Project at this training session before WRLF 2018. You do not need to attend WRLF to participate in this training.
Training session includes:
- 6.5 hours of on-site training by a Registered Yoga Teacher
- Program guides
- Technical support following the training
What to expect
- Please dress comfortably and bring a yoga mat with you.
- Participants will be engaged in active yoga poses throughout the day. The training models how to do yoga and how to facilitate a yoga project for 4-H youth.
About Yoga for Kids
The Yoga for Kids Project combines physical movement with breathing and focused concentration. Youth in the 4-H Yoga Project learn breathing exercises, physical postures, and mindful practices that help strengthen the mind and body.
Youth and Volunteers will:
- Increase physical fitness.
- Learn strategies for stress management.
- Explore the benefits of concentrated focus and attention.
- Practice movements that improve flexibility and balance.
This training is offered to CA 4-H enrolled Project Leaders by the CA 4-H State Office and is supported by funds from the Thomas and Dorothy Leavey Foundation.