2018 Western Region Leaders' Forum (2018 WRLF)
Dates: March 1, 2018 - March 4, 2018
Time: All Day
Contact: Saundra Wais, 530-750-1260, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
Location: Crowne Plaza San Diego - Mission Valley
Our annual event brings people together for education, inspiration and camaraderie. With guest speakers, skill-building workshops, entertainment and cultural activities, youth and adult volunteers share their knowledge and skills to foster the 4-H Program.
Why WRLF 2018 is special:
- This year's conference is being hosted by California 4-H. We only host this event once every 13 years!
- Connect with volunteers, youth leaders and staff from the entire Western Region
- Special youth track of workshops and activities (including pre-conference Disneyland Youth Education Series and behind-the-scenes at Sea World)
- Arrive early to take advantage of touring around sunny San Diego and southern California - Sign up for special pre-conference behind-the-scenes tours to Disneyland, and Sea World, plus other adventures ranging from whale watching, to ghost tours, to a San Diego City Lights night tour.
- Special screening of the Earth Seasoned...#GapYear documentary, with Q&A time with the director, Molly Kreuzman.
Stay at the Crowne Plaza San Diego-Mission Valley during the conference for lower registration and parking fees.
Feb 13: Early Bird Registration $495 onsite, $895 offsite
Feb 15-28: Regular Registration $525 onsite, $925 offsite
Onsite registration: $600 onsite, $1,000 offsite
Wednesday, February 28 to Thursday, March 1st - Optional pre-conference tours and activities
Thursday, March 1st
- Welcome to WRLF!
- Strolling dinner and trinket trading
- Special film screening: Earth Seasoned...#GapYear
Friday, March 2nd
- Opening Plenary: "Ripples into Waves: Creating Change to Improve Ourselves and Our World" - Paul Wesselmann, The Ripples Guy
- Workshop Sessions
- Dinner aboard the USS Midway aircraft carrier!
Saturday, March 3rd
- Plenary with Chris Nowicki
- Workshop Sessions
- State's Night Out - join your state's 4-H'ers for a bonding night out
- California 4-H Alumni & Friends Night Out will be held on State's Night Out - California delegates please sign up!
- Dance and games!
Sunday, March 4th
- Regional Volunteer Awards - recognize the outstanding volunteers in the Western Region!
For more information, please see the 2018 WRLF Event page.