What is Cooperative Extension?
The University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) is your connection to the research, information, and expertise of the University of California in your own community.
The University of California, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and Siskiyou County government provide joint funding for this “cooperative” venture. Additional funding from grants allows us to target programs to the specific needs of Siskiyou County citizens.
We play an active role in our community by:
Bringing up-to-date research-based information on the agricultural commodities grown here in Siskiyou County to producers through the expertise of local UC professionals.
Working with youth to provide them with the knowledge and skills to become responsible, self-directed and productive people.
Providing information and outreach to the people of Siskiyou County in general interest areas that include gardening, pest control, and backyard animals.
Developing research-based solutions to local problems.
Mark your calendars for upcoming workshops & events in Siskiyou County!
- 4-H Registration 2020-2021
- February 20 - Cattle Health Meeting
- February 22 - County 4-H Presentation Day and Crock Pot Challenge
- March 10 - Leaders Council Meeting 7pm 4-H Office
- March 14 - Area Presentation Day, Hosted by Modoc County
- April 1 4-H County Scholarship Deadline
- April 18 - County Fashion Revue
- August 12-16 - Siskiyou Golden Fair (Seeing is Believing)
- September 1 - Completed Treasurers Record Books due to 4-H Office
- September 10-13 - Tulelake Butte Valley Fair